• Daily News
  • Weekly News
  • Special Editions
  • Oil and Gas Events
  • Key Economic Indicators
  • Other Services
Country List
  • Algeria
  • Bahrain
  • Egypt
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Kuwait
  • Libya
  • Oman
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • UAE
  • Yemen
  • General News
PAM
  • Project Activity Monitoring
  • Company Activity Monitoring

For Free Headlines Submit Your Email

Login  

Monday, August 17, 2026 12:6 GMT

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Archive
  • Contact Us

News

KSA, Qatar & Jordan Condemn Attacks on UAE Tankers in Hormuz


Saudi Arabia (KSA), Qatar and Jordan on Friday condemned attacks targeting two UAE-flagged tankers operated by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) while transiting the Strait of Hormuz, stressing the need to protect freedom of navigation and international maritime security.

In a statement, the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the repeated attacks constituted a dangerous escalation and a direct threat to the security and safety of maritime navigation and global energy supplies.

The ministry described the attacks as a serious violation of international laws and norms and a blatant challenge to UN Security Council Resolution 2817, which affirmed the need to respect the rights and freedom of commercial vessels to navigate through the Strait of Hormuz and condemned measures or threats that could obstruct such navigation.

Saudi Arabia held Iran fully responsible for the consequences of continuing such attacks and called for their immediate cessation and compliance with relevant international law.

It stressed that regional security and the safety of international navigation are a shared responsibility, adding that continued attacks cannot be accepted or tolerated.

Saudi Arabia also renewed its solidarity with the UAE and affirmed its support for measures taken by Abu Dhabi to safeguard its security, sovereignty and national interests.

Qatar rejects use of Hormuz as pressure tool

Qatar also strongly condemned the attack, describing it as a blatant violation of international law, freedom of maritime navigation and UN Security Council Resolution 2817.

In a statement, the Qatari Foreign Ministry reiterated Doha’s categorical rejection of using the Strait of Hormuz as a means of political pressure and called for its reopening without conditions.

It stressed that freedom of navigation through the strategic waterway is an established principle that cannot be subject to negotiation, warning that the continued closure of the strait threatens the vital interests of regional states and the global economy.

The ministry called for an end to what it described as unjustified Iranian attacks on the property of brotherly states and reaffirmed Qatar’s full solidarity with the UAE and support for measures taken to protect its property.

Jordan reaffirms solidarity with UAE

Jordan, for its part, strongly condemned the Iranian attack targeting the two UAE tankers.

The Jordanian Foreign Ministry reaffirmed Amman’s full solidarity with the UAE and its support for all measures taken by Abu Dhabi to protect its security, stability and national interests.

Earlier Thursday, ADNOC said that two of its vessels had come under attack while transiting the Strait of Hormuz, with no injuries reported.

The company had previously announced that one of its vessels was targeted by a missile while transiting the strait on Saturday.


published:17/08/2026 10:10 GMT

Related News

  • Bahrain Condemns Attack on UAE Oil Tanker in Strait of Hormuz  11/08/2026 09:17 GMT

© 2026 BEDigest. All Rights Reserved.

to read more about this project please go to